Thursday, October 19, 2006

Needed a gasmask


I went for a jog today ( I am getting to old to run anymore,) and struggled due to carbon monoxide fumes. To start with, it was a contest of wills for me to force myself to trot down the sidewalk half out of breath for 3 miles and then it happened- I get hit with a dirty bomb. Eyes watering, stomach rolling, I just got blasted by a old clunker car doing a drive by on me burning oil and leaving a smoke trail that poisons the air. I feel like the housefly hit by a can of Raid. I scramble away from the contaminated area and wish I was a policeman. I would impound the car until the owner could pay to repair his urban assault vehicle. In the meantime I need to decide is it healthier to give up jogging or inhale exhaust fumes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home